Saturday, May 31, 2008

Email I received

I received this by email today and I loved it. I am guilty just like the next mom of trying to get things done around the house instead of blowing bubbles or rolling a ball with Mikayla. I just smiled when I read this because it is so sweet. Hope you enjoy it too.

> >*Just for this morning, I am going to step over the laundry,> >and pick you up and take you to the park to play.> >> >*Just for this morning, I will leave the dishes in the sink, and> >let you teach me how to put that puzzle of yours toget her.> >> >*Just for this afternoon, I will unplug the telephone and> >keep the computer off, and sit with you in the backyard and> >blow bubbles.> >> >*Just for this afternoon, I will not yell once, not even a tiny grumble> >when you scream and whine for the ice cream truck and I will buy> >you one if he comes by.> >> >*Just for this afternoon, I won't worry about what you are going to> >be when you grow up, or second guess every decision I have made> >where you are concerned.> >> >*Just for this afternoon, I will let you help me bake cookies, and Iwon't> >stand over you trying to fix them.> >> >*Just for this afternoon, I will take us to McDonald's and buy us both a> >Happy Meal so you can have both toys> >> >*Just for this evening, I will hold you in my arms and tell you a story > >about> >how you were born and how much I love you.> >> >*Just for this evening, I will let you splash in the tub and not getangry.> >> >*Just for this evening, I will let you stay up late while we sit on the > >porch> >and count all the stars.> >> >*Just for this evening, I will snuggle beside you for hours, and miss my> >favorite TV shows.> >> >*Just for this evening when I run my finger through your hair as youpray, > >I> >will simply be grateful that God has given me the greatest gift evergiven.> >> >*I will think about the mothers and fathers who are searching for their> >missing children, the mothers and fathers who are visiting theirchildren's> >graves instead of their bedrooms, and mothers and fathers who are in> >hospital rooms watching their children suffer senselessly, and screaming> >inside that they can't handle it anymore.> >> >*And when I kiss you good night I will hold you a little tighter, alittle> >longer It is then, that I will thank God for you, and ask Him fornothing,> >except one more day.............

It is kinda hard to read... sorry!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

OK Leshia,

Next time can you give me a warning to have some tissues ready? I really need to read this every day as I am guilty as well! Also, I heard them say your name on the Children's Miracle Network today. We will be at Vandy in the morning with Lawson having an upper GI. I still can't get over Mikayla taking her sweater off this morning, LOL!

Kristi Wells