Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend events




We had a busy weekend. Saturday- Mikayla, Mommy, and Grandma Bonnie went to the Strawberry Festival here in Portland. It is amazing how many people can fit into a small area. I think the whole town of Portland were in the square for the festival. There were booths(mostly food), music, a parade, a concert that night, and fireworks. We only took part in the booths and parade. Mikayla had her first snowcone and saw here first parade. She, of course, liked the snowcone better (I did not take any pictures of that - can't believe I didn't). The parade was not a big deal for her... she liked the music of the high school band, but she really could have cared less. I am glad we went, but I don't know if I will go again. We will see next year. We still have to go pick some strawberries... there is a strawberry farm down the road so I think we might go this week. Strawberry shortcake, YUMMMMYYYY!!! The picture above is Mikayla enjoying a lollipop at the parade.







No comments: