Friday, August 28, 2009

Monday's visit to Spina Bifida Clinic went great. Mikayla was such a good girl... so good that Daddy wanted her to have a trip to Toys-R-Us. She picked out a train and a movie(Yo Gabba Gabba). After watching this movie over and over and over, I don't know which is worse this one or Barney. Pretty close race!! Anyway... back to clinic visit. We got good reports from all the appointments. I was quite surprised when she got a good report from nutrition since she is soooo small. The nutritionist said that according to Mikayla's growth chart she is right on with HER chart... she is still growing. She grew an inch and a half in 6 months. I think that is pretty good for her. Well... she got a thumbs up from Orthopedics but she is going to have surgery on her feet. Both of her feet have issues that need to be corrected. A goal for Mikayla is to be able to use a stander(self explanatory) but with the direction of her feet and some things with one of her ankles a stander is not an option for her. I DO NOT want her to go through surgery but if it means more out of life for her... whatever it takes. After surgery she will be in casts for 4 - 6 weeks. Mommy is not thrilled about this but again, whatever we need to do. I hope that she will be able to scoot on the floor with casts. This could be a small mountain for us so I am asking for prayers for little Mikayla. She may have to spend the night in the hospital but that is not a for sure thing... depends on a lot of things I am sure. The surgery is scheduled for Monday, October 26th at 7:15am... which means we have to be there at 5:15am!!! At least it is early since she will have to go without food or drink.
School seems to be going good!! This week she decided no nap was needed. Tuesday, she and another little girl wanted to talk to each other the WHOLE nap time. Thursday, she wanted to sing the ABC's the entire time. She is rotten! She has made some new friends... but cannot tell me their names. All she tells me about is Barney!! lovely!! She has picked up possessiveness at school. She never really called anything"my" but she does now. Today, I was covering her up with her blanket for nap and she looked at me then said "it is my blanket". Yesterday when I dropped her off I tried to tell her bye after she was in her class, she said bye back to me but did not even look back. What a big girl she is becoming... it makes me sad. Just part of life I guess!!
Daddy and Kaykay playing with playdoh

Kaykay's Kara


Learning to floss her teeth!


Playing with floss and Aj



No comments: