Monday, August 3, 2009

Many, many things have gone on since my last post... sorry about the time gap. The sleeping situation has gotten MUCH better. She still whines a little when we put her to bed but only for a couple of minutes and that is it. Praise the Lord!!! The mood in the house is much, much, much better!!! Again, praise the Lord!!!! We have our Mikayla back!!
My grandfather lost his battle with Parkinson's Disease and went to join the Lord last Wednesday. His funeral was this past Saturday. So many emotions I have gone through. Sadness... relief (no more suffering)... regret (there were times when I was not around because I could not stand to see him going through all this). My sister, Mikayla, and I were with him the day before he died. That day he opened one of his eyes to look at me and I was able to talk to him... I am glad for that day. We went a few times while he was in Hospice but I am especially glad we went that one day!! He was an incredible man. I was able to speak at the funeral and talk about a few things I will remember and forever love about him. Please keep his wife, Margaret, in your prayers as she starts her time without him.
On to a lighter note... Mikayla starts school next Tuesday(11th). She is getting to be such a big girl!! I cannot wait to see how much she is going to learn. Mike's work gives them 2 hours of time to take kids to school on their first day. I am so fortunate that he will be with me for support! I am just wondering what I will do with myself while she is there??? I am looking forward to a little alone time!
Brushing her teeth like a big girl!!!








Playing with Daddy at Isabella's birthday party a few weeks ago.




She actually let them paint on her face... it is a smiley face.


Heather and Isabella(not looking), Mikayla and Daddy


Playing with her jewelry

She wanted to put on every bracelet she owns!









No comments: