Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I am waiting so long after the weekend to post this I don't even remember what we did- I should keep up a little better I guess. Let's see... New Years Day we had Christmas with my Dad's family at my Grandparents' house. My grandfather was in the hospital around Christmas so this was the first opportunity. Mikayla got lots of good stuff as did Mike and I. That evening we went to Mamaw and Papa's for dinner which consisted of pork and sauerkraut. We had a special guest for dinner. Uncle Aj has a girlfriend now- Kara- who lives outside of Detroit. They have been commuting back and forth for months- finally we all got to meet her. After meeting her we wished she lived closer! Can't wait for her to come visit again. Mikayla seemed to really like her- she went to her without hesitation (mommy was even holding her at the time)! That is BIG!
Friday - I had to take Mikayla's chair in for some adjustments. Saturday evening - I had a candle party at the house and after that went to Mamaw and Papa's for dinner. Sunday - went to church and that evening had a meeting/training at church. Mrs. Shannon and Mr. Alan (and Seth) watched Mikayla for us. Mikayla loves Shannon - every time we pull up at church Mikayla says "Shannon". I never have to worry about Mikayla in the nursery because I know that Shannon does such a great job with that area! We love Mrs. Shannon!
Monday - we had a visitor with us - Seth came to play with us while Shannon was working. We had fun playing on the wii - Seth had to show me how it is really done!
Tuesday - we had another meeting at church so Mamaw came to stay with Mikayla while we went. Wednesday - we had church and Mikayla & Mommy went shopping. Thursday (today) we had physical therapy and played. And that brings everyone up to date!
Just to update everyone on Mikayla's ear... it seems to be getting better. She has stopped putting her fingers in there! She gets her last dose of antibiotics on Saturday, then we will go back to the doctor next week and we will see what is going on. If it is not one thing it is another- she is now getting more teeth!! I guess that is the way it is with kids!


Picture with her cousins on New Years Day- Ian, Mikayla, and Trent

Mikayla coloring with Aunt Renee


All the grand and great-grand kids



Uncle Aj letting Mikayla drink out of his glass





Kara, Aj, Mikayla, Mamaw, and Papa- teaching Mikayla to use the camera






Kara and Aj



No comments: