Wednesday, January 21, 2009
















I am so glad this is a new week. Last week was not a very good one at all. Took Mikayla back to the doctor, last Monday, for follow up on ear infection. Well, she still had fluid on left ear but now she has infection in right ear. The next step of course is tubes... in both ears. I knew it would probably happen but I was hoping not. In order to get rid of the infection she has, we have to do shots this time... one a day for three days. So we went to the doctor every day for our shots, in the meantime Mikayla is getting sick. Found out that we had some cases of RSV at church so we have to be careful with Mikayla because she is still so tiny. The bad thing is RSV looks like a cold and guess what... Mikayla has a cold. She had a cough since Sunday afternoon but she now had rattling in her chest so the doc checked her out while we were there for her shot. The doctor was not concerned but said to watch for wheezing... well guess what she woke up Thursday doing... exactly that. Because we were watching her for RSV, we had to go back to the doctor. After examining her, he determined everything was ok but we still had to watch to make sure nothing got worse. Luckily nothing changed so we stayed out of the doctor's office on Friday. Thank God!
Thursday was my birthday so my sweet hubby stayed with Mikayla and I went for a massage and manicure. I needed it for sure after my week. The massage was the BEST I had ever had- I so enjoyed myself!!! Saturday, Mikayla spent the night with Mamaw and Papa. I was not ready to take her back to the nursery with her immune system down. Mike and I went and ate at Chilis on Saturday night. Then got up and went to church on Sunday then to the grocery store afterward. Sunday afternoon we went to Mike's parents for Sunday to dinner and to pick up our little baby.
Monday, Mike was off work. We woke up that morning to SNOW!! I was so excited! We took Mikayla out in it for a few minutes. We spent more time getting her dressed to go out than actual time out in it. She liked looking out the window at the snow (it was "pretty") but when Mike sat her down in it she flung her head back and started crying. Maybe she had too many clothes on and she did not like it... who knows. We actually still have a little snow in our front yard where the sun doesn't shine.
Just wanted to let everyone know that we have come into the "terrible twos". We have started battling at mealtime. She wants her select few things that she likes and nothing else. I actually put her in time out last night for throwing food off her tray at dinner. Nothing seems to work with her. I think we are in for war... she is very headstrong and so are we... it could be very interesting. I forget at times how old she is because she is so small.
Oh yea- I almost forgot her new favorite thing to do... play on the computer. I introduced her to the website kneebouncers. com and she loves it. It is just for little ones - they can play different games just by banging and typing on the keyboard. She is constantly wanting the "puter". You have sit close by and watch her for the times when she might push the wrong button.
I am not sure I typed this before but Mikayla is feeling better but for some reason she has still been whinny and a little clingy. Not sure about this. She did give Mommy her cold.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is so precious!

Lisa