Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Crazy

At Pattycake Place - singing and playing bells


Starting to decorate our cookies




Mikayla liked "decorating" with chocolate chips- mommy put them on and she took them off and ate them!

Here she is stuffing her mouth with chocolate chips.


We asked her to show us her teeth!


She is sitting in a big girl chair- actually we had to stack two chairs to make her tall enough to reach the table. Here she is trying to paint with a brush for the first time- she has the fingerpainting thing down but the brush she is not sure of.


Admiring her work.

Here mommy is cleaning paint off her face- while Mikayla is putting paint on hers.


Singing


Grandma is helping Mikayla bag her reindeer food.


Mikayla watching very intensely


RJ at Jackson's party


Birthday boy - Jackson


Our buddy Kate and her daddy, Pastor DJ


Jackson, after cake, and his big brother Tyler


Kate and her mommy Andrea

Mikayla and Kate playing


Mikayla giving Jackson kisses





I think Mikayla was trying to stick Jackson's finger either in her mouth or up her nose... either way it is still cute.


The holiday craze has begun!!! This past weekend flew by... Mike said he was ready to go back to work so he could take a break. Our Friday started with a Christmas day at Pattycake Place in White House with our Stay at Home mom group. Grandma went with us and we had fun... we sang songs, made ornaments for the tree, decorated cookies, and bagged some reindeer food for Santa's reindeer. Mikayla is still a little young for REALLY participating but I still like to try. Saturday morning we all got up and went to the grocery store. We came home for a quick nap and then on to our friend, Jackson's, first birthday party. After we got home from the party, Grandma and Papa came over to watch Mikayla so Mommy and Daddy could go to a Christmas party. Sunday morning, got up and went to church, home for a little nap, then off to Murfreesboro for another Christmas party(Leshia's paternal grandmother's side). Whew, I am tired from just typing it all. I blinked my eyes and the weekend was over. It will be the same way this coming weekend. It doesn't stop with the weekend... Monday, my Grandfather(paternal) had surgery at Vanderbilt so Mikayla and I went up there for a while. Tuesday, I had a doctor appointment, today we had a playdate at a friend's house from high school and church tonight, Thursday we are wrapping gifts at church for service Sunday and I have a haircut at 8pm... then the weekend comes. Crazy!!! I think this is the way the holidays are supposed to be though....or maybe the way they end up being. It is not too bad. We don't HAVE to do any of it... we choose most of the things we do. But anyway- above are some pictures from different things- I did not take pictures of everything.
Oh -yeah... I almost forgot... we had a pretty funny thing happen last night! I was rinsing Mikayla's hair in the bathtub and was turning around to fill the cup with water again and I saw something in the bathtub... well... we had a floater in the tub...poop!! I made Mike come clean it up and the bathtub. Mikayla has a duck bathtub that fits in the big bathtub. Well, she was laid back with her head resting against the back - all relaxed at one point... I guess she got too relaxed and it just slipped on out. Come to find out later there was that one and another one underneath her. I have been waiting on that to happen. I remember my sister doing that in the bathtub when she was little. Anyway, for anyone needing a laugh- there you go... hope you enjoyed.






















No comments: