Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

I want to start with Christmas Eve. Mike took Mikayla on her first date Christmas Eve morning - he took her to breakfast at Cracker Barrel. He volunteered to do this and they had a blast. She was very well behaved for him and they got lots of attention from the staff. While they went to breakfast I went shopping. I got some early Christmas money last weekend and I knew there would be sales. It was very nice going by myself and not having a time limit. I got lots of good stuff!! Mikayla got some new clothes with her money also.
Christmas morning we got up and Santa had been here. She was so excited about all her toys and had such a fun time playing that morning! The only thing she doesn't care too much about is Elmo Live- she wanted it in the store but not here!! Maybe later on she will like it. After having breakfast and playing a little more we went to Mamaw and Papa's for Christmas there. Mikayla got sooo many toys!!! I think she loves everything! I am just having trouble finding a place for everything- without a bonus room we are limited! Mike and I got a Wii and love it!! We have stayed up late every night playing it!! For Christmas dinner, we had ham and lots of good stuff to go with it! I ate way too much stuff that day- Mike's mom puts out lots of goodies on Christmas that we munch on all day long(cookies, sausage balls, nuts, candy). I love Christmas there!!! Friday we just hung around and played with our new toys- oh and went to the grocery store. Saturday we got up and went shopping!! It was not too bad out there- we went to Opry Mills and I was really expecting more people but we went EARLY so that might have helped! Saturday night we went to Target and Kohls in Hendersonville looking for bathroom stuff for Mikayla's bathroom but did not have any luck( I actually found stuff at Walmart) then ate a Salsaritas(we wanted to eat at Texas Roadhouse but too long of a wait). Sunday we got up and went to church then to Walmart. Mikayla took her chair in Walmart and she loved it. She was all over the place- and had a blast!! After a nap we went to Mamaw and Papa's for our traditional Sunday dinner.
Today - we are going to Vanderbilt to get Mikayla's new chair!! So excited! I will post later with pictures! Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!!! We are very blessed!!!!

No comments: