Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Busy weekend

Let's see... Friday night we had dinner at Cracker Barrel- I needed to get out of the house so it did not matter where we went. I have been in the house with a sick baby and had not left the house since Monday to take her to the doctor! Yuck! She is feeling much better and is finally back to happy Mikayla. Saturday I got up before 7am and went to the grocery store and came home having to make a casserole so we could have Christmas with my dad at 11. Mikayla loved everything from Grandpa- she got a baby doll, graco set to go with baby(stroller, highchair, swing, carrier, and diaper bag), elmo that plays the guitar, and some dvds(of course elmo). She did great opening the presents! When she opened the baby she was very impatient for me to get it out and anyone who knows- it takes 5 hours to get through all the ties and stuff. I cannot wait to see how she does Christmas morning with all the stuff from Santa - good thing Santa takes all those plastic ties off of everything beforehand. Saturday night Papa and Mamaw came over to visit and we ordered pizza. They had not seen Mikayla since last weekend and would not see her until Christmas day so I think they were having withdrawl!! I am so glad that they are such a big part of her life! Sunday, we went to church. We had our Christmas service today- all the kids and babies were in service with us. Pastor Dan wants everyone to be able to enjoy the service together so he doesn't want anyone to have to keep the nursery or kids. It is really good that he does it that way. Mikayla was a good girl. Wanted mommy to hold her the whole time but was a good girl. One time we were praying and she started talking so I told her "shh we are praying" ... well she looked at me at said"no mommy". It was really sooo cute. I will not think that the next time but it was cute this time. After the Titans win we traveled to Madison to my grandfather's house for Christmas. I am sad when I see him- has Alzheimer's and he has no idea whether we are there or not at times. He was a man that could do or fix anything in his earlier years it just really breaks my heart to see him now. I have a lot of very good memories with him so I just hold on to those times.

We have been doing a Christmas countdown with Mikayla that has candy behind each one of the "doors". Well, every day I say Mikayla do you know what we do now... she says "CANDY". The child loves candy and knows where I keep the candy jar- I try to keep it a little hidden. I have created a monster!!

No comments: