Monday, November 10, 2008

We had a good weekend. Friday, we went with some friends from church to Patty Cake Place in White House for a Thanksgiving themed day. We sang songs, made crafts, and spent time with our friends - I included pictures below of our time there. It is a really neat place. We are going back there in December for a Christmas Party. They do great things for the kids and have a great big, open area- Mikayla had no problem getting around in her chair. The only thing that I wish was different is that she is so little she could not reach the regular table so she had to do all her crafts on a separate table. That is okay though - she did not know the difference only I did. I think she had fun!! After that, Mikayla went to Grandma & Papa's to stay the night. Mike and I went to PF Changs(my favorite) with my cousin Brian and his wife Aimee. I love that place!!! We had a good time. Mike had to work Saturday and Sunday - he will be doing that until Thanksgiving. The money will be nice but Mikayla and I will miss Daddy!!! She is starting to want to know where Daddy is a lot more. This morning she was in her chair and she went to my bedroom door and starting saying "dada, dada"... it was really cute. Saturday, I had the day all to myself. I went to lunch with my ex-stepsister, Ashley, at Chili's. It was fun, we have not seen each other in about a year. I have known Ashley since she was a baby and now she is 17- time flies!!! Hard to believe she is almost grown. She is such a good girl and has such a great head on her shoulders... I think more so than I did at that age. We spent Saturday night at home with pizza. Sunday, Mikayla and I went to church. We had a Veteran's Day service with a special guest who survived 5 days in the ocean after his ship was hit during World War II. His story was amazing- the things he and others had to endure was outragous... I cannot imagine going through some of the things he did. He says that his faith is what kept him going. Sunday night, we had dinner here. Thursday was grandma's birthday so I cooked dinner for the family here. We had apple butter pork chops, rice, corn, and of course cake. Overall- we had a good weekend.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

yes the next few weeks will be long but worth it in the long run!!! It doesn't seem like they've gotten that much OT this year so it's nice, especially right before Christmas. I'm jealous of all the fun stuff you're doing though. Love reading the weekend recaps!!