Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Look at this messy face. It never fails that dinner finishes with a mess. Oh - and Duke with his share from Mikayla's tray.


Mike did not work Saturday so that morning we decided to go feed the ducks before it got too hot. As soon as we got out of the car and Mikayla saw the ducks she started saying "duck, duck, quack, quack". So sweet. I was a little bit worried with the ducks because they started to surround us - but they were fine.

I thought this black and white was really sweet!


It is rare for Duke to lay in the floor and let Mikayla play with him. He actually laid so still beside her last night for a long while and just let her kiss, hug, and pet him. Of course - I had to get lots of pictures. I know that when Mikayla gets a little bigger they will become best buddies... as long as she doesn't run him over with her chair. I don't know if you can see in the picture above but she is kissing his ear. The whole time she was sitting in between his two front paws.





Ok - he had enough. He just moved a few inches away and laid back down. He is really good with her.


On a side note from the pictures... I need some advice from anyone regarding troublesome neighbors. Ours have been a problem for a long time but it just seems mine & Mike's patience is wearing VERY thin!!! They are "professional"(they say) musicians who have converted their garage into a studio. Might I add a studio with no soundproofing. They used to play ALLLLLL the time and that has improved since we had Mikayla but... I can hear them inside my house. There are times when we have to turn our tv up just so we can hear over their music. I had a conversation with the man of the house the other day that got pretty heated. He proceeded to tell me that they have bent over backwards for us to make us happy... WHAT???? I told him he was lucky that we have not called the cops and then the best line yet came out of his mouth... "you can call the cops all you want 'cause they can't do anything until it is after 10pm"! We are at our whits end with this situation. We live in a house and not an apartment - if we wanted to hear what our neighbors are doing inside their house we would move to an apartment!!!! They are renting their house - don't own it. We found who owns the house but they have an unlisted number. Right now... I can hear music inside my house and it is the middle of the day... I have told them when Mikayla naps and asked them not to play this time of day! What are we to do???? We talked last night about just trying to sell our house and get out of here... to bad it is a bad time in the housing market. To make matters worse- they have a dog tied up in the back yard that most of the time has no water (in this heat) and the little girl that lives there told me they did not have the money to buy the dog any food... what in the world??? HELP!!!

1 comment:

Heather and Jason said...

I found your blog through Lisa Spencer and your little girl is too cute and her story is very inspiring. Im not sure what you should do about the noise, but as far as the dog not having water or food I would def. call the humane association. Im sure they would be glad to help!