Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I know I have been a slacker and not posted in a while... sorry. We went to the zoo a couple of Sundays ago and went to Chuck E Cheese last week (I know I said I would never go again). We have just been hanging out doing our normal stuff therapy twice a week, church, and Grandma & Papa's. Mike's dad is now going by Papa. Mikayla just started calling him that instead of Grandpa so that is what he will be now. I recently started a support group for families affected by Spina Bifida. We will meet the third Tuesday of every month with our first meeting being September 23. I am super excited about this. If any of you guys know anyone affected by Spina Bifida please give them my email address lleigh023@comcast.net so that I can give them the exact details of our group. We went to the Vanderbilt Childrens Wheelchair Clinic this past Monday. We ordered Mikayla's wheelchair. Some of you will be happy to know that the frame will be UT orange. We were so excited that it came in this color. On the seat she is going to have a butterfly embroidered(spelling?). I did not think about it before but the butterfly has a little meaning behind it... it starts simple and turns into something beautiful. Kinda like Mikayla's life in a way. Her situation started not great and with not much happiness but it has evolved into a beautiful miracle of God. She is a beautiful reminder to me everyday that I need to enjoy and treasure this life I have. Anyway... hope everyone is doing well. That is all I have for now. Here are some pictures.
Mikayla petting a baby goat.

Mikayla at Chuck E Cheese riding on the carousel.
Mikayla and Daddy watching Chuck E. perform on stage. Mikayla was terrified of the mouse and some of the rides. I think that our visit with Santa this year could be very interesting.

No comments: