Monday, August 25, 2008

Just wanted to let everyone know that Patricia does seem to be improving. For anyone interested there is a website set up to keep everyone updated on her condition... www.caringbridge.org/visit/patriciawoods


We had a busy weekend. Friday night, Mikayla spent the night with Grandma and Papa and went to the Wilson Co. Fair. She had fun eating a big hot dog, petting animals, and spending time with the Grandparents. I have not seen any pictures yet but I am sure that Grandma took plenty. Mike and I went to PF Changs with some friends of ours and had a blast. I LOVE that place - they have the best thing ever... lettuce wraps. My mouth waters just thinking about them!!!! Saturday - we went to watch our friends Sam, Lauren, and Evan play baseball. After the game a bunch of us went to Sonic and ate outside. The kids really had a blast. Sunday, Mikayla took her wheelchair to church for the first time. It started off not so great. When we entered the foyer of the church she freaked out. First time around a bunch of people in the chair I guess I would be a little scared too. She moved up to a class with kids her age. Until this point she has been in the class of nonwalking kids but with her chair she can get around with her own age. She was a little hesitant at first but after about 20 minutes I was able to leave the room and they said she did great. One little boy in the class pushed her around the room and Mikayla liked it. Her life is going to be so different now. Each day she discovers new things while in the chair. She is getting so grown up... Mike looked at her tonight and said that she did not look like a baby anymore. I asked him if that made him sad and he said no because he is ready for her to be able to talk to us. She is actually 16 months old today! That is crazy... time sure does fly.

By the way... if anyone knows a work from home job or a Friday and Saturday job that I could do I would love to hear about it!!

No comments: