Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mikayla and Daddy

I came home from the gym the other night to this scene. Mike cut the sleeves out of some of his t-shirts(for the gym) so he and Mikayla put the excess material on their heads. I just cracked up laughing when I walked in the door. Two peas in a pod!!

We had a busy weekend. Friday - Mikayla and I went on our weekly grocery shopping trip. You just would not believe all the "grandpas" that stop to talk to Mikayla. She loves singing at the top of her lungs in the store now - I think she likes the way her voice echos. It is really quite funny the way everyone looks.
Then, Friday night we went to Burger Night at church. The kids ministry is raising money for our building fund so they sold burgers. The burgers were very good and the fellowship time was great. Saturday, Mike went on a canoe trip down the Red River in Adams, TN with the men's ministry at church. He actually has a kayak(spelling?) so he took that and the trip was 9 miles!! He was a little sore the next day. The guys had a blast!!
While he went on his trip, Mikayla and I planned on going to visit my dad for Father's Day but little Miss Mikayla was in a horrible mood (cutting two teeth at once and has an ear infection) so my dad being the nice guy that he is said he would come to us. I think he just REALLY wanted to see Mikayla. It was a good day. Mikayla wanted to take Grandpa to Cracker Barrel so we did that and Grandpa enjoyed it. We got back and they played in the floor - Mikayla loves showing off all her toys. While they played I had to pack Mikayla's stuff for Grandma & Grandpa Scheetz house. Mike wanted to go to the drag races for Father's Day so I agreed to go and the grandparents agreed to keep Mikayla (with no arm twisting).
I have to say that I had a blast at the drag races. We met some friends there and did not leave until almost midnight (we are in bed by 10 on Saturdays). Needless to say we were exhausted for early church service on Sunday. I felt bad that it was Fathers Day and Mikayla was at her grandparents house. Mike did not mind because he enjoyed the race. We were so tired after church that we took a 2 hour nap. Later on we went to Mike's parents to visit and pickup our baby girl. Mike had a good Fathers Day - he did not lift a finger which is exactly what he wanted to do(not real sure what the difference in any other Sunday- hahaha) He is such a great father to Mikayla. She adores her Daddy. All day long she talks about dada!!! When he walks in the door everyday she screams and says dada with a huge smile. So sweet!!

oh yeah- I forgot about Mikayla's haircut adventure Saturday morning. She has had her hair cut several times by our friend Angie and has done wonderful everytime. Well... this time was an exception. As soon as Angie put the cape on Mikayla she started screaming and crying and continued until we were finished. I was thinking of getting a brow wax while we were there but that was out of the question. Not sure if she thought she was at the doctors office or what?? Which by the way has become a screamfest too. We went last Wednesday and as soon as her Dr. came in the door her little lip started quivering and here come the waterworks. It breaks my heart. Dr. Murray said she will probably continue that for about the next year then things will improve. Joy... so excited!!! We have to go back in about 2weeks for her ears, looking forward to that!!!

We are so excited we leave EARLYYYYY Saturday morning for Hilton Head!! Not sure if I will post before then but if not I am sure I will have a bunch of pictures. Please be praying for us about the drive there with Mikayla... a little uneasy about that. Will be interesting!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That picture is sooo funny!

Lisa