Wednesday, April 12, 2017




"I know you're able and I know you can
Save through the fire with your mighty hand,
But even if you don't
My hope is you alone"

What an amazing song!!  It's my anthem, my truth, for a long time now. When I was pregnant with Mikayla we were believing and hoping for complete healing, that she would no longer have spina bifida.  Her healing did not come the way we had hoped but there was still healing, she is still here with us.  Mikayla takes dance with all abled bodied girls, she goes to school every day in a regular classroom, she loves makeup and jumping on the trampoline, she loves hanging out with her friends, loves to laugh, hates homework, and loves Snapchat.  Mikayla was healed from the life the doctors predicted!!!  She was given a grim diagnosis, one of a vegetative state, but was healed and surpassed that life!!  No, she doesn't walk, must be catheterized every 3 hours, and has some other issues typical of her diagnosis, but she is here with us.  She loves with her whole heart, has an infectious smile and laugh, is a daddy's girl, and loves praising Jesus.  Even if God never heals her completely and things stay completely the same as they are right now, I will still praise Jesus and continue to have all my hope in HIM.
Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him.  Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Psalm 62:1-2

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8

God continues to hold Mikayla in the palm of his hand... including whatever comes with her diagnosis. He has taken care of her every need since day one and will continue until her last day. I choose to trust HIM and put my hope in HIM alone. With that hope and trust comes a peace that surpasses all understanding. That is not to say I don't have bad days or moments, but I don't allow myself to stay there. I go back to God's word and remember how he has rescued us every time. There has never been one moment in time when I have drowned in my situation. And there never will be! I have an anchor tattooed on my foot.  To me, the anchor symbolizes the first part of Hebrews 6:19, we have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. God is my anchor, firm and secure, not allowing me go under in anything that arises in my life or Mikayla's life. Having my life anchored by HIM, allows me to have peace and joy at times when the world says I should not.

In two weeks, we celebrate Mikayla's 10th birthday!!  I've seen 10 years of miracles through her, she's brought ten years of smiles to those around her. She's brought ten years of hope to those around her. Hard to believe that little 4 pound baby, that was not supposed to be here, has brought so much joy and impacted this world around her so much.  But GOD...

No comments: