Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Let's see... what has been going on??? The past two weekends Mike and I have been away from each other. We have a "getaway" at church called the Encounter for which Mike and I were chosen to be on the "team". These weekends are just an opportunity for people to leave kids, spouses, cell phones, tv, computers, and any other distractions behind to have an "Encounter" with God. It really gives you a chance to get back to what is important in your walk with God and that is first and foremost your relationship with Him. I had a wonderful weekend. It amazed me how the hearts of women were changed over the course of the weekend. Mike and I both were "servants" but both still had a chance to get something out of the weekend. I actually had to leave early Saturday morning- I got a horrible stomach virus while I was there. I really hate that I missed out on the last day but would have been miserable if I would have stayed. These weekends will take place every six months so I will have another opportunity in September. I think I forgot to mention that the men and women go on separate weekends. I went this past weekend and Mike the one before.
We went to Physical Therapy at Vandy today for visit number 2. This session was much better than the last one. Mikayla one cried for a couple of minutes in the beginning!! Thank God! However, found out today that our therapist is leaving at the end of the month to take another job! I am disappointed but I guess that is life- just when Mikayla gets used to her she will leave and we start over. oh- well!!
Mikayla is officially starting preschool in the fall. Her first day is August 16th(I think that is right??) There is a private school about 10 minutes from our house in White House that starts at age 2. The name of the school is Heritage and Hope Academy. I am really excited about how much she is going to learn with a real teacher and curriculum!! I have heard many good things about this school and the program they teach the little ones. She will be going on Tuesday and Thursdays from 8am - 2:30pm! Long days, hopefully she will do ok after she gets used to it!! She will do art, music, math, reading, bible every day. She gets to bring her lunch in a lunch bag from home and they have snack in the morning and take a nap (on a mat). Her chair fits in the room perfectly. We toured the school on Monday and all the kids wanted to touch her and her chair - she was a little overwhelmed!! It will just take time like it did with the kids at church, now it is a normal thing. We have not decided if we will put her in public school next year or keep her at this school- depends how it works with her therapy. She get "developmental" therapy in our home until she is three then the school system takes over... not sure what happens if they go to private school?? The only therapy she really needs is physical. She is great in every other area!!! We will see!!
I put some pictures on here from her class last Wednesday night- Mike and I worked our parent rotation in there that night!
Mikayla getting hugs from one of her buddies

Jackson

Eating snack... look how small Mikayla is compared to the other kids. This was her first time to have snack in a regular chair not her wheelchair- she did great! Luke, Matthew, and Jackson are in this picture.


She is really looking at something!!



1 comment:

Sarah said...

You are going to LOVE H&H!! Do you know who her teacher is yet? Gracie went there when we lived in WH and I loved it so much that I considered driving there from Hville once we moved. I'm still blown away at the things Gracie learned when she was 2...shapes, colors, days of the week, months of the year...and that was only in 4 months!!!