Wednesday, October 15, 2008

This past weekend was another busy one. Seems like our weekends go by so fast. Friday, Mikayla and mommy went to story time at the library then went to our favorite place- the grocery store. She said hi and bye to every person that passed us in the aisle. Saturday we spent a lot of time outside washing vehicles. I discovered that Mikayla is a little princess. Anytime she got grass or dog hair on her hands she flipped out. It was really funny. Saturday afternoon, Mikayla went to spend the night with Grandma and Papa. Mike and I went to a group function at the Raceway in Goodlettsville. We had a really good time! All the men stood at the fence and watched the races and us girls sat back and had some girl time. It is nice to sit and chat with people who you don't get a lot of time with normally. Then, Sunday we went to church -then picked up our baby girl. Sunday evening we had a potluck dinner/meeting at church for the Hometeam Leaders. There was lots of good food there. We got to tour the new addition of our church. I cannot wait to have our first service in the new sanctuary. It is hard to believe our church is only two and a half years old and we are already have to add space. What a wonderful "problem" to have.
I wish my videos would load to here. Mikayla is talking so much. I cannot even write everything she is saying- animals and their noises, names of people, names of toys, food, where she wants to go and what she wants to do. It is truly amazing all the stuff that comes out of her mouth. We are having conversations- at 17 months old!! She is coloring "pictures" and painting. God has truly blessed us with Mikayla. I wish everyone could see her in her wheelchair. I could write on here how well she is doing but you need to see it to truly understand it. And she loves spending time in it... she asks for "chair" when she wants it. Anyway... we are so excited about what Mikayla's future will bring. So glad that people want to be a part of it by reading our blog... thanks. We love you all. On a side note... my once very independent girl has become a very clingy, needy baby. This week she cannot play by herself at all- she wants mama beside her all the time. I cannot even walk out of the room and I hear "mama, mama, mama" until I return. Hopefully, this is just a stage and won't last very long. Between her and the pest of a dog- I feel very, very needed. I sometimes want to run away!!! It is ok though- soon enough she will not need me as much and then I will be complaining about that... haha!

Mikayla eating yogurt. She started out using the spoon but soon that became old and the hands came into use. By the time this picture was taken she had started finger painting with the yogurt on her tray. In this picture she is "drinking" yogurt out of the yogurt cup.
Mike told her to look how messy her hands are...
She is proud of her messy hands.

Yesterday at lunch- Mikayla's favorite mac and cheese.

She looks so big and serious in this picture.

1 comment:

Eunice said...

It was good to see Mikayla again, since I have not been on her blog for a while. Truly amazing how she gets around in her wheelchair. She is so blessed to have such wonderful parents, and how much time and effort you put into her blog to share her life with all of us. We love you all. Eunice