Monday, February 25, 2008

Ten months old!

I am so glad to have my happy baby back... we had a very rough week last week. When I posted last week we thought Mikayla had a stomach bug. Well, for the first part of last week she did have the stomach thing... but it did not stop there. She was over the stomach part by Tuesday night, but then she got something else... the mini flu!!! All she wanted to do was cry and sleep. When I say cry I don't mean fuss, she screamed and no one could appease her. We ended up going back to the doctor on Thursday and they did all kinds of tests to see what was wrong with her. Finally, a blood test determined the mini flu. Today(Monday) she is FINALLY 100 percent back to herself. I am so THANKFUL!! Since she was born, Mikayla has been a VERY good baby so for her to cry like that and go almost a week without smiling - it was torture around here.

We went to the grocery store this morning and she actually sat in the front part of the grocery cart instead of her carrier (with a cloth cover over it of course)!! She looked like such a big girl!! I had an older gentleman ask me on what aisle he could get one of those!! I laughed and Mikayla thought it was funny so she flashed him a big toothless grin and laughed too! So sweet! She has developed such a fun personality. She wants to do anything to make you laugh, and when you do laugh of course she keeps repeating!!

Got these pics of Mikayla playing before nap time this afternoon - she is growing up so fast!! Cannot believe she is 10 months old today. It just amazes me that she will be a year old in 2 months!! Man... time flies! Yes, previously I did say toothless grin... she STILL has not cut any teeth. The two front bottom ones are SOOOO close, just not there yet. We are throwing a party when one breaks through!! Anyway, enjoy the pictures.

She is trying to sing into the microphone... future American Idol!!


Here she is watching herself in the mirror!!


Beating the microphone on the drum!


She is watching the beads inside the microphone move when she shakes it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I occasionally check in on your blog. You have a beautiful little girl! We have a 1st grader with special needs and it can be a handful sometimes but he so happy and such a joy! Just wanted to say hello! I am a crazy blogger and stumbled on your site from Lisa Spencer (went to high school with her)