Thursday, October 15, 2009

On the countdown... four and a half weeks to go to get rid of these casts!!! Things are really going great. Mikayla has not let those bulky things slow her down one bit!! Mommy on the other hand is ready for them to be gone... sponge bath and washing hair on the kitchen counter, we are over it. It is also harder to change her diaper and her clothes don't quite fit right!! If she is going to be able to stand after all is said and done then all is worth it!! I am so curious to see what is going to be after the casts come off. Can't wait to see her new feet! After this she will have braces on her feet, permanently, until God decides to heal her!! The braces of today are quite different than the ones from the movie "Forest Gump". They will not be metal and bulky. Her braces will look almost like plastic and they will be white. I think she can get them with designs on them... if not we will decorate them ourselves.
Cathing in going ok. I hate it!! I wish she could just be healed of this already!!! I know that God knows what he is doing and it is all in His timing!!! Waiting is sooooooo exhausting though!!!! We just have to keep praising him and thanking him for her COMPLETE healing!!! He is NOT finished with this little girl!! I wonder why God chose Mike and I to be parents of such a miracle!!! What a huge responsibility we have to tell everyone what miracle and work of God she truly is!! I am so blessed and in awe of what He has placed in my hands!!
I have to tell a story about our visit to Kroger the other day. I went to get my flu shot last Friday. Mikayla wants to go in her chair when we go places now. I let her, with the exception of the grocery store... no thanks... not yet! She waves and smiles at EVERY single person we pass or she sees. She creates smiles everywhere... it is contagious!! Well, in Kroger, there was a very grumpy looking man standing at the end of an aisle. Mikayla waved and smiled at him but he did not see her. She made it her mission to get this man's attention. Wheeling a little closer to him( but not too close), she waved, smiled, and yelled "hi"(in the sweetest voice). He looked at her dumbfounded for a second and she repeated the same sequence. He got the biggest grin on his face, waved back, and said hi! She kept waving and smiling until she could not see him anymore. I cannot help but think, maybe only for a couple of minutes, she improved his day! I love moments like that!!
Little miss Mikayla does have her tough moments too. She is so scared of loud noise. Now if she is doing the noise it is fine... having her songs blaring in the car is fine but kids laughing loud terrifies her. Last Saturday, we went to a pumpkin patch here in Portland. In order to get your pumpkin, you had to go on a hayride to the pumpkin patch. Well, Mikayla did not want anything to do with the tractor and trailer hauling to the pumpkin patch. So, even with much begging and pleading from Mommy and Daddy she did NOT go on the hayride... and did not get her pumpkin. I think we might try it again next weekend with some friends... this one you do not have to ride to get your pumpkin!
Mikayla has been out of school this week for fall break. I thought with her being on break she might be bored but we have been running all week. This morning she was a little fussy and told me she wanted to stay home and play... so that is what we have done ALL day today!






Riding on Duke

Playing with Daddy last night




1 comment:

Unknown said...

she sure did make me smile when I saw ya'll at Wal-Mart. Hannah told Donnie all about seeing you. By the way, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new picture on the top of your blog!