Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend



Mikayla and I were so excited to have Daddy home with us for four days. Don't know if I mentioned that Mike had changed jobs but he now works for NES. He has been there a little over 6 months. He LOVES the job and really enjoys the guys he works with. Ok - I have to admit that I had to get the calendar down to remember what we did this past weekend. Does that mean I am getting senile or just have too much going on???? Lets see... Friday night we went over to our friends the Gourleys house and helped them pack up a few things (getting ready to move), had pizza, and the kids played(there were 10 kids there). Saturday we grilled steaks and just hung out. I got a phone call late Saturday night that my former step-grandfather passed away the night before - so that was sad news. Sunday, we went to church, the funeral home( in Ashland City), Grandma & Papa's for dinner, then a cookout in Hendersonville. We had a SUPER busy day. Mikayla spent the night with Grandma & Papa so we could go to the cookout. Then, yesterday, our friends Isabella and Heather came over. The girls had fun playing together. Mikayla does a really good job sharing what she has but always wants what the other person wants- even if it is Mike or I. I guess that makes her a typical child her age. She spends a lot of time watching other kids. She studies everything that other people do.

She is doing incredible in her wheelchair. We let her go freestyle in the garage and driveway while Mike grilled on Saturday- it was unbelievable to me that she is as young as she is and can handle a wheelchair the way she can. She was turning in circles and backing up. It really blows my mind.

I have found a way to post our videos. The web address is www.dropshots.com/lleigh023

For now I have mostly older videos on there but I will probably change them out in a couple of weeks for new ones. For some reason I cannot post them on here. Anyway - enjoy. It is amazing how much she has changed in 16 months. There are videos on there before she could even make any noises - so funny to see her now.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey! This is Sarah, Jeremy's wife...I'm having an Uppercase Living open house tomorrow night~you should come! It's at 6pm. go to amydaniels.uppercaseliving.net for more info!