Thursday, October 18, 2007

SURGERY COMPLETE

Well, surgery is complete and we are finally in a room at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital. We got into a room about 5:00pm after waiting since around 10:ooam. Long Day!!! Surgery itself went well. The problem was a blockage in the shunt in her stomach. Dr. Tulipan said since he was in there he went ahead and replaced all the parts in her head shunt as well and made her tube longer. Mikayla had a harder time with recovery this time. Her breathing was off from where they wanted it to be at times and she did not handle the pain as well. Since she got her last round of pain meds at 4:30 she is doing much better and everything seems under control. Not sure exactly when we will be going home tomorrow - hopefully all will go well tonight and it will be first thing. Just say a prayer for our little Mikayla.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Dear Leshia and Mike,
Glad to hear the surgery went well. You are such an inspiration to me and will continue to keep you all in my prayers. I was happily surprised to see you ALL at mine and Brian's wedding. Sorry I didnt mingle as much as I would have liked. But I did see you! Hope everyone does well through the night.

Aimee Lomax

Aunt Marlane said...

Dear Leshis and Mike,
Don't check my email as much as I should and I saw that Bonnie left a message about Mikayla's surgery! Or course she and all of you are in our prayers. I think about you every day Mikayla and know you are one tough little angel! YOu'll be doing so much better once you are at home again. All our love and prayers to you!
Aunt Marlane